Advantages of the PCR technique:
- High specificity and sensitivity.
- Diagnosis of viral, bacterial, parasitic diseases, genetic diseases, lymphocyte clones (differentiation between B lymphoma and T cell lymphoma, differentiation between lymph node hyperplasia and lymphoma).
- Differentiation of pathogen species (eg Babesiosis - Babesia canis / gibsoni, Dirofilariosis - Dirofilaria immitis / repens).
- Monitoring the response after drug treatment.
- Provides the ability to perform highly sensitive, accurate and reproducible measurements of disease-specific DNA / RNA present in a sample.
- It offers the possibility to collect a small amount of sample, enough for an accurate diagnosis.
- It offers the possibility of diagnosing a disease in the subclinical stage or in the case of asymptomatic animals.
- Fast results.