2. Sedimentation method – detection of heavy eggs (trematodes);
3. Baermann method – detection of pulmonary strongyls.
In order to obtain an adequate result of the coproparasitological analysis, we recommend you the following:- Collect sufficient faeces:
o Flotation method - ≥ 5 grams
o Sedimentation method - ≥ 10 grams
o Baermann method - ≥ 30 grams
(If more methods are requested, the quantities will be added.)
- Collect from 3 consecutive days so that the total amount of the sample falls within the above recommendations, depending on the method required.
- The faeces should be as fresh as possible and kept in the freezer.
- The faeces should contain as few foreign elements as possible (stones, soil, litter sand, etc.).
- Samples must be sent in clean, suitable containers, without culture medium, preferably single-use container.